Vigay.com ForumSearch Vigay.com

Vigay.com Forum User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- General Computing & I.T. > Misc Computing Post New Topic   Post A Reply
best way for importting mts video to imovie on mac os printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages
markwonng
Sergeant First Class

Click here to see the profile for markwonng Visit http://www.ivideotool.com/ Send email to markwonng Send private message to markwonng Find more posts by markwonng Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Friday, April 26, 2013 @ 02:08 PM    AIM

"Any ideas of an efficient MTS to mov converter? Does anyone have any ideas of a good MTS to mov converter? I installed one on my system and found that the output video was really very bad. Please help!"

"I'm going to re-post this here since it's partly a system resources question, and this is a higher traffic forum."

I am trying to see if I can work with MTS files on what I have. I've got a G5 with 10.4.11 (working on upgrading, I know), and an Intel Macbook 2008 with Leopard.

I need a free solution.

Research on Google shows so far that the only free solution is to use a program to rewrap it to m4v and then open it in Streamclip and convert (in my case, probably to DVCPro since my FCP is too old for ProRes. Not sure yet about AIC).

Here are my questions:

1) Does anyone have a better solution that is free?

2) Should I expect a loss of image quality this way?

3) My Macbook, as far as I am aware, does not have a dedicated video card? Does file conversion ,through these conversion programs, use the video card itself or does it just rewrite the file without that? Would converting files like that on a regular basis tax my Macbook too heavily? Fry it?

"Does MTS just go straight into Premiere Pro? It seems when I use ClipWrap to format the files to a .mov file for Final Cut Pro editing, it slightly degrades the quality when in ProRes HQ. What I'd like is no loss in quality if possible....is there no loss of quality when putting it into Premiere?

Is converting the MTS file degrading the quality?"

"Easy way to change a .MTS to .MOV movie? I have a movie in a .MTS format and it will not play on my Mac, so I need to change it to a .MOV format. I would like to do it entirely through the internet, and not download anything. Also it needs to be free. Or if there is a way to play a .MTS movie on my Mac (Lion 10.7.5) that would work too."

To convert MTS to MOV video in an easy way, you need Video Converter for Mac. It's an esay-to-use yet professional video tool that can help you convert any video to another format. Also you can extract audio from video, edit video with this powerful tool.

Based on the above introduction, Convert MTS to MOV Mac is not so hard to do with this MTS Converter. Below tips will guide you to experience the whole process- Convert MTS to MOV Mac.

Step 1: Download and install MTS to mov Converter for Mac.

Step 2: Click button "Add Video" to load MTS files to this converter.

Step 3: To click the editing button "Effect", "Trim", "Crop" to customize video effects; setting movie video brightness, contrast, saturation, and add your favorite watermarks.

Step 4: After editing, you can choose one item to convert or batch items to convert. just select the pickbox before convert.

Step 5: Now, select the output format. Click the "Profile" line to choose final format "*.mov".

Step 6: Click button "Convert" to start converting mts to mov for mac os. The preview window will flash up to show the status of conversion.

How to change .WMA to .MP3 for mac users
How to change .MOV to .MP4 for mac users
How to change .MOV to .AVI for mac users
How to change .WMV to .MP4 for mac users

http://naijavoice.com/index.php/topic,85155.0.html
http://www.jenniferboylan.net/paranormal/showthread.php?p=1930978#post1930978
http://www.ptdf.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_ccboard&view=postlist&forum=2&topic=6304&Itemid=228
http://www.asteriskwin32.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6314

Contact Us | Vigay.com Forum | Privacy Policy All times are GMT 0 Hours.
Welcome to Vigay.com Forum, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!
Forum Rules & Description
Who Can Read The Forum? Any registered user or guest
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered user
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered user
Who Can Edit Posts? Any original author
A forum to discuss miscellaneous computing and I.T. issues.
Currently Active Users: 4
There are currently 0 members and 4 guests on the boards. | Most users ever online was 452 on 03-28-2008 07:44 AM
Search This Forum
Search Keywords: Search From: